Jatamanshi contains many medicinal properties including anti stress,anti convulsive, cognitive enhancing abilities. This herb has been used in Ayurveda due to its neuroprotective abilities. And it has been used in the treatment of epilepsy, insomnia and convulsions.Jatamanshi is also known to possess an antidepressant activity which helps in the management of disorders such as depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders(OCD) etchings Ayurveda, this herb is prescribed against many health conditions. Due to its relaxing and calming properties of Jatamanshi, it is an important ingredient in various products of Ayurveda. Let us discuss the health benefits of this super herb.
Jatamanshi for hair growth
Hair loss is a big concern for many people as it can also affect the confidence levels of an individual.Hair loss can be a result of heredity,hormonal changes,adverse effect of drugs or a part of aging.Gradual thinning on top of head, hair loss in patches,sudden loosening of hair etc are some of the symptoms.
- Jatamanshi is extremely helpful in promoting hair growth especially for smooth, silky and healthy hair.
- It is also helpful in improving complexion and ensures glowing and shiny looks.
- It has also been shown to promote hair growth in alopecia caused by chemotherapy.
Jatamanshi for preventing bacterial infection
Infectious bacteria can make you fall sick.They reproduce very quickly in your body and release toxins that can damage your tissues.Bacterial skin infections may be mild but some bacterial infections can spread to others. So, prevention is very important.
- It has very powerful anti bacterial property.
- Bacteria can cause many kinds of health issues such as cholera,tetanus,skin infections etc.
- This herb eliminates bacteria not only from the skin but also from the point of origin.
- Jatamanshi helps to prevent infections due to bacterial activity on wounds.
- It also cures infections in the urinary tract and kidneys.
Jatamanshi as a laxative
Constipation is a problem suffered by many people.It can lead to various health problems.It is important to have bowel movements to maintain a healthy life.Improper eating habits,stressful lifestyle,dietary changes an lead to constipation.
- Jatamanshi herb is very effective to treat constipation.
- It works without affecting the digestive and excretory system.
- It is also useful in releasing gas and reducing abdominal pain.
Jatamanshi for menopause symptoms
- Jatamanshi reduces symptoms of menopause such as mood swings, undisturbed sleep,memory loss,headaches,stress,anxiety etc.
- Jatavari in combination with Shatavari can be used to treat the symptoms of menopause.
Jatamanshi to improve the quality of sleep
Many people suffer due to sleeping disorders. Did you know that insufficient sleep may lead to many chronic health conditions such as heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and stroke? Short sleep duration is also associated with an increased risk of obesity in both children as well as adults. Your sleeping pattern is also strongly linked to depression. There are many studies which prove the connection between insufficient sleep and diseases.Jatamanshi helps in improving the quality of your sleep.
- Jatamanshi along with Tagara and Ashwagandha can give best results for people suffering from insomnia.
- For people awakening with a feeling of low energy, this herb is extremely beneficial.
Ayurveda says an aggravated vata dosha can make the nervous system so sensitive that it can lead to insomnia, which is a sleeping disorder.Jatamanshi herb works by calming down the nervous system because of its dosha balancing properties and helps in sound sleep due to its sleep inducing properties.
Jatamanshi for memory loss
- Jatamanshi reduces forgetfullness and improves memory
- It improves learning and cognitive functions.
- Jatamanshi is extremely beneficial for people with mental stress.
- It provides good results when combined with Brahmi, Ashwagandha,Vacha, Shankupushpi etc.
The health benefits mentioned here is just a few. There are many more health benefits provided by Jatamanshi.As already informed, the antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties of Jatamanshi help to fight against various illnesses.It is used in Ayurvedic products to treat ailments in the nervous system.So, Why not give a try to understand the power of this magical herb?